In short, yes, you can.
However, our size chart is only based on engine oil drain plugs.
In order to find the right Fumoto valve for your transmission or any other application you might think of beside engine oil, you'll have to find out the diameter and thread pitch of your current drain bolt.
Here are a few ways to do that:
- Measure your drain bolt's diameter and pitch using calipers.
- Mate your drain bolt with a nut at your local hardware store.
- If you can't take out your bolt right now, you might order a spare (usually costing only a few dollars) and have that one measured.
- Call the manufacturer for part details.
- Sometimes they won't know the size but will know the part number, which can sometimes help us help you do the research.
These are just some of the ways that Fumoto customers have found a valve for applications other than their engine oil pan.